Kenny Klein with Stapler

Kenny Klein with Stapler

Saturday, December 15, 2012

New Orleans Color


 New Orleans is a colorful city. I mean that in every sense. While Autumn here may not be the color-fest it is in New England or Upstate, New York, we have our own colorful displays for the season.

Anyone who reads this blog knows I do a lot of photography, and that I keep photo galleries on my site (http://kennyklein.net/photo.htm). On my computer I keep a file called "New Orleans Misc." for photos I take around town that have no designated blog or other purpose at the moment. The file is full of colorful NOLA shots, so I thought I'd share some photos of the colors of New Orleans.

 Above: the gate outside my house. Below: the little bit of Autumn foliage we enjoy...





I love the look of an old, weathered wrought iron fence or gate. Here are some, bounding colorful gardens. In the Garden District, of course.

 


  Above: cemetery gate. Below: oak roots.



I also love the look of our weathered brick sidewalks. 








Even our garbage cans are colorful...

The colors of houses in the Garden District and in the Bywater.










Above: Quentin Tarantino's Hallowe'en display. Tarantino owns a house in the Bywater. The owl is attached to what seems to be a hydrolic drill.



Statuary: Mary (above) and Diana (below).




Musicians at the Magazine Street Blues Festival. 


From New Orleans, this is Kenny Klein, photographing it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment